An Artist's Quest for "Soul" in a Chaotic World—by InnerSpirit

This is my InnerSpirit blog page...a page of reflection...inquiry...
and artistic questions about myself, my life, and the world around me. A place for my own personal contemplation of my emotions, my actions, my art, my spiritual journey and how they all intertwine and influence each other. I hope that you check it out, think a little about your life and the many creative things that you might be engaged in...how do those fit into your life and impact the various aspects of your own life? Let's reflect together!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Abstract Patchwork Collage: Day 11

Day 11 Is Posted A Little Late...It's Really Day 12 EARLY. 
What can you do? I did not even think that I WOULD post today, I worked on this art a bit on Day 10 and Day 11 of Art Every Day Month in between writing for my homework assignments. I found that breaking in this artistic way really helped to relax me and let me concentrate on the moment at hand and not get too caught up in the stress of the semester. This is about the closest you will ever see me get to making a quilt. I am not a seamstress and fabric and I do not "play friendly". This collage speaks to me of the many types of experiences we each have in our lives that transverse many layers, environments, and transparencies of emotion to create who each of us are within our own world view. Please click on the image for a larger and more detailed view of the piece.

Much love and blessings,
D.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece! This is a great way to get a quilt-like effect with actually stitching. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly...if only it could help keep me warm this winter season. I see that the unseasonably warm weather we have been having this week has already begun to spike downward to more normal temps. Midwest winters are a time to call out all the blankets I can muster!

    Blessings,
    D.

    ReplyDelete